Items in a container limit

XanMag
Argh... and I thought I was done asking questions!! :lol:

Anyway... sort of related to my last question. That weird character I have in my game encounters five objects (found in one room) that need to be transferred to my main character. The problem is, it is set up so that my alternate character can only carry one object. To get them to the main character, the alternate character would have to traverse a complex maze. Needless to say, I do not want my players to have to go back and forth five times to transfer the needed objects. So, my solution is simple. There is a slot that the alternate character can put items in that lead to the room that the main character frequently accesses.

Here's the problem... There is a box in the room with the five needed objects. One is large (a 4' long, 6" diameter tube) and the other are four keys (which I MUST keep as four separate items). My solution is that the player can put the keys in the box and then carry the box back to the main character. The large object should not be able to fit in the box, so the player needs to put the large item in the slot so the character can access it. The box is too tall to fit in the slot. I've also not allowed the player to put the individual keys in the slot for fear of losing the small objects in the cluttered room beyond. So, I thought I'd give the large object a volume of 5 and each key a volume of 1 and the box can hold a maximum of a volume of 4. That way, the large object cannot fit in the box, but the keys can. Is there a simpler way to do this?

In this current case, my main character cannot pick up the box or the large object. I'm sure I can change the volume of objects my main character can hold, right? I do have it set up that the main character can carry an unlimited number of objects but obviously the "volume" of the box and the larger object make them "too heavy to get". I should know, but I don't. Let me know. Thanks again!

XanMag

The Pixie
Not sure if it is important here, but when Quest says volume, it means weight. I.e., putting stuff inside a chest, they still count towards the "volume" limit of someone holding the chest. If the chest has a "volume" of 4, and has the keys inside, the total "volume" is now 8. I flagged this as a bug, but apparently it is a feature. It might be best to give that weird character a number limit of 1, rather than a "volume" limit.