temporarily changing minimum number of items in inventory?

XanMag
I have a special character in my game that can only carry one object. There is a puzzle that requires this character to wear a special... umm... outfit. After wearing the outfit, it is necessary to be able to carry an object. Is there a way that I can increase the maximum number of items to two while this character is wearing the outfit. The worn outfit counts as one object and I need to be able to carry two.

I've partially solved this by giving the special character the chance at finding a tool belt that can carry a couple items, but I still need the worn outfit to not count as an item (or find some other work around). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

XanMag

The Pixie
I would change the code that calculates the inventory limit (in the DoTake function I think) so that worn items are not counted. Alternatively, and probably easier, change the player.maxobjects attribute.

Duodecimus
Why not give the character an attribute like 'IsInCostume', and toggle that to true while he 'has' the outfit on?
Then you just change whatever code would check if he is wearing the outfit to check if that attribute is true or false.

You'd need to change the take/drop script to a setattribute + move outfit to storage room as well.

Edit: (Wow, did not notice how old this was xD)