Making an object visible in multiple rooms?

Toranges
I'm trying to figure out the most efficient method of having an object that appears in a room after a time limit also become visible in several other rooms. Is this possible or does the object or copies of the object have to then be moved to every other room I want it to be visible in?

Part of the problem I'm having is also related to descriptions of some of the other rooms and objects in those rooms, since I have multiple descriptions meant to be dependent on the appearing object being visible or not.

Thanks.

Father thyme
How about putting a script on each room the item appears in.
Go to scripts before entering room,go to objects, tick move object to current room, enter object required. If the object is initially set as invisible ,it will not appear in any room until your timer or whatever tells it to become visible. This means you only need one object. Of course if you wanted it to appear in all rooms , you could put the script in turn scripts.this does it every turn. Hope this works.

HegemonKhan
what you want to do is a bit advanced~complex, as it involves Lists~Dictionaries, especially for people new to quest and programming, but the trick is to use ' Lists~Dictionaries ', you put~add all the rooms that you want the item~Object to become visible in, into that List~Dictionary, then within your ' Timer ', you use ' foreach ', as this will do your following scripts (where you'll have your, for example, parameter variable: room_parameter.visible=true) for EVERY~ALL~EACH (foreach: for*EACH*) of those room items in your List~Dictionary.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5137

ask if you got any questions and~or are confused by anything, if you need more help, let us know.

-------

do note:

Timers by their very nature (using real time), can be quit difficult to work with... if you want more stability in your functionality, I'd use Turnscripts instead and basing your actions~events~scripts off of a counter~acculator (+1 increasing) Integer Variables, instead.

The Pixie
Here is one way:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5178

Another way is to go to the Script tab of the game object, and add a "Script when entering a room", and move the object to the current room in there. In code it might look like this:
if (player.some_flag) {
my_omnipresent_item.parent = player.parent
}