Look isn't working suddenly

Anonynn
I'm not sure what the problem is...but despite them having worked in previous versions of my game none of the "look" commands are working at all.

"Look west" for example comes up with "I can't see that"

same for every room and every direction.

What is going on?

Forgewright
Not a lot to go one but the first possibility is, are they visible? The visible box must be checked in each ones settings. Have you created an overriding "look" command? or messed with the game attributes lately? Simple stuff, but that is the first thing to check and without more to go on, it's all I can think of for now.

Anonynn

Not a lot to go one but the first possibility is, are they visible? The visible box must be checked in each ones settings. Have you created an overriding "look" command? or messed with the game attributes lately? Simple stuff, but that is the first thing to check and without more to go on, it's all I can think of for now.

Well, "look" directions are always visible when you "look" in there directions (unless you don't put a description in) ---- just the player's ability to "move" in those directions instead of just "look"ing are changeable.

The thing I've changed in the "look" directions was "look self" --- nothing else was changed and that was several updates ago and the "look" worked then.

No game attributes (that have to do with that) have been changed either that I've noticed.

Hmm.....I don't understand why it isn't working.

The Pixie
If you attach your game to a post, we could take a look.

Anonynn
The game is too big to attach --- is there a way I could email it to one of you?

The Pixie
I did not realise there was a size limit. Mail it to the_pix at hotmail.com.

Anonynn
Sent :)

The Pixie
And replied to.

Your LOOK AT command included look #object#, which was matching LOOK NORTH. As a bonus, I added a walk through that skips through the character creation process.