Quest Gamebook Random Questions

ParaVox3
1. Is it possible to set variables using the text processor rather than scripts at the head of a game page?

2. Is Quest Gamebook still in development? If it is, is there someone I can/should talk to about developing further features?

HegemonKhan
1. I could be wrong, but I think the text processor commands is just for displayment~showing~outputing the Attribute's Values to the person playing the game. I don't think you can set variables via the text processor commands... but don't quote me on it... again, I could be wrong...

HK edit: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I'm right, look at the link, at the descriptions of the text processor commands: displays, displays, displays, displays, displays, displays, displays, etc ~~~ LOL :D ( http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... essor.html )

2. Alex is currently working on a 'quest 2.0' (a total redesigning of quest, not merely a new version number of the current quest: v560), called 'QuestKit' ( viewforum.php?f=15 ), which will use JS (Javascript), rather than quest's current usage of XML (eXtensible Markup Language), as JS is more universal for many computers~platforms, as it uses web-browsers, whereas XML isn't. I'm pretty sure the QuestKit will replace both Text Adventure quest and Gamebook quest, so Alex isn't going to work on Gamebook quest any more, most likely.

There is 'squiffy' ( viewforum.php?f=24 ), which Alex is I think is (maybe) still working on here and there, which I've no idea what it is (haven't looked at it at all, lol), so I don't know if this is a 'Gamebook 2.0' or something else entirely...

Lastly, Pixie made a ' Text Adventure + Gamebook ' hybrid: a Text Adventure (having all the nifty features) that feels~looks~functions like a GameBook: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4772