Timers are buggy.

HaganeSteel
I don't need a solution to this. I'm just here to let everyone know that there's a problem with timers.

It seems that if you perform an action at the precise time a timer ticks, it'll raise an error like the one below:

Int32 and CanAdd errors have also appeared.

Luckily, it isn't that big of a deal, but I've been able to isolate the trigger.

This particular error was caused by me trying to move to another room.

The CanAdd and Int32 errors might be different, but they seem to occur when I'm in combat and the game is subtracting from integers. I've only encountered these once or twice.

jaynabonne
I had a problem like that in the title page of spondre - but only in the online browser. (I don't remember if I was using timers or just turn scripts, but I was also calling into AslxEvent from JavaScript, so I figured it might just be my own personal edge case.)

Quest just seems to lose its mind and loses track of all objects and variables, even local ones. I have no idea how that can even happen.

HaganeSteel
Thank you for the response, Jaynabonne.

It's bizarre!

I don't run into this often (or at all, really), and it doesn't interfere with the game any, but it is worrisome.

The Pixie
Interesting. I have see the canAdd error myself in a game with timers once. I eventually found canAdd is a local variable in the core library, and had no idea how it could cause a bug.

HaganeSteel
After searching previous threads, it seems like nobody knows. :lol:

Quest has some stability issues. Even the editor freaks out occasionally, gives me an error, and I need to reopen my project.

Sometimes when using the parser, I'll input a command and it'll come up blank for no reason.

None of these seem to break Quest. It worries me because I don't want it to impact a player's enjoyment of my game. But every game has its bugs. Resident Evil: Director's Cut had the start button/knife cancel exploit that almost ruined the game for me. At least it's not like that! :lol: