Problems with "move the object player"

Yukari
Hi!

My problem this time is about moving the player to another room after a long chat. The problem is that i dont get this action at all (and i know it should be easy!).

So whats happen in the game is this:

Player use his office computer

Print: you broke it. Another dude tell you "i will tell the boss about this"

Choose 1,2 or 3

Print: "ok. I will keep the secret if you do my work"

THEN this what i need to happen:

Player move to the kichen

Print: "yeah. Know you are the coffe dude haha"

I make the print appear but i dont know if the player was moved. All remains in blank or i get a error.

It should not appear the kitchen descripcion? Like when the player enters in the regular way. At least thast what i want, so he can make the coffe and keep exploring the office.

For unddestar the "action" "move the player" I even created a whole new "game" with only 2 rooms and a object that should move the player but all reminds in blank.

What i am doing so wrong? (besides my english haha)

Thanks!

jaynabonne
It would be really helpful if you showed us your code. Or at least told us the error messages you get when you get errors. Or *something*. :)

If you're unsure if you've moved, type "l", and it should show you the room description. But, yes, it should show you the room description on entry just as if you had moved there via an exit.

If I have the following game:

<!--Saved by Quest 5.6.5621.18142-->
<asl version="550">
<include ref="English.aslx" />
<include ref="Core.aslx" />
<game name="movee">
<gameid>b0c845c9-2bce-4376-bcd5-3e3f255402ec</gameid>
<version>1.0</version>
<firstpublished>2015</firstpublished>
</game>
<object name="room">
<inherit name="editor_room" />
<object name="player">
<inherit name="editor_object" />
<inherit name="editor_player" />
</object>
</object>
<command>
<pattern>jumpee</pattern>
<script>
MoveObject (player, kitchen)
</script>
</command>
<object name="kitchen">
<inherit name="editor_room" />
</object>
</asl>

then I get the following:

You are in a room.

> jumpee

You are in a kitchen.

The game is attached as well, if that helps.

Yukari
Hi jay! Well i undo alot of things to do all this part from zero and i dint save a capture of the error.

But i think (and i feel very ashame for this) that i was using the option "change the object player" and not the "move object" option and other silly things. Is what i get for use the program in spanish and not in the same as tutorial.

But back again with the problem: i try to use "move object", but i dont get the object "player" from the list that it show. So Then i create the objetc "player" and use the option in "game -> player" to set it as the player but that mess up all the game. (i dont know if i may sense)

I wil check what you let me to try to see what i am doing wrong. But if you already know tell me! XD

jaynabonne
There should be a player object in a brand new Quest game by default. I would recommend starting over, if you have deleted things you shouldn't have. :)

If you accidentally used "change the player object", then you would for sure have gotten some strange behavior. It means you would suddenly have been looking at things from the point of view of the kitchen!

Yukari
Wiii! I made it! I made it!

This was my problem: first i missed the object "player". And even if i had it i dint set it as the player in the game options (thas way even if the game created the object it dont work. I believed that the game set that object as the player by itself but now i see i am the one that have to check that option).

Thanks for the help! :)