How i can a make a "bonus points" based in time?

Yukari
Hi! Well, what i want is:

Give to the player like 3 min to reach the destination and then add the time left to the score

Or: add more points if the player choose the short route

Example:

(all the game happen in a offices building)

If the player call for the intercom and say "i am here", to then go to the guard -who will offer him the key- and then the player go to the office, then he use the faster route

But if he try to ask the key to the guard before using the intercom he will be delay because the guard make a long call to see if the player work in the building.

The thing is that the player can be a lot of things to be late. Like press the wrong number in the intercom . And i want that all actions can change the score.

Ah, and of course: end the game if you dont reach the office in time

Help! I have no clue :/

adammadam
there are timers you can use. click on add at the top then on timer. Then you will notice there is a section called timers down the left hand side. Click on that and then you can add a timer for something

So this is an example of what you can do - add a new timer and set it to 30 seconds. Add a new message to the timer "the guard gets off the phone and lets you in" and use a move object player to building. Of course you can do anything else you want here like unlock exit instead for example, or have any number of things happen. Then to trigger this timer have it trigger when you speak to the guard (or when anything else happens, whatever you want.)

Also to make it only trigger the first time you can use the first time option. Here are some screenshots to help
timer1.png
timer2.png

adammadam
then for points I guess you could add points to the timer. like also have a set variable or attribute script and have it as player.points = player.points - 10 or whatever you like to trigger when the timer triggers.

adammadam
oh yeah and if you want say 3 mins until the game ends and you've failed the mission, just do a timer and put the finish game script on it, set it for 3 minutes and check the box start when game begins.

HegemonKhan
You can use Timers (real time, which is very messy~dificult to work with) or you could use Integer Attributes (old time remaining and new time remaining, as the difference gives us the time taken, which is what the extra~bonus points are based upon) to assign time taken for your actions~choices~tasks~missions made in the game. I'm not sure how you want your game design to be done or is done.

--------

as for the bonus~score points based on time taken:

the concept is this:

score = score + (old time remaining - new time remaining)

for an example:

score = 0

score = 0 + (10 minutes - 10 minutes) ~~~ you didn't complete the task~action~mission in time, you get no extra~bonus points
score = 0 + (0) = 0

score = 0 + (10 minutes - 0 minutes) ~~~ you (something's not right! lol) instantly completed the task~action~mission, you get maximum extra~bonus points
score = 0 + (10) = 10

score = 0 + (10 minutes - 5 minutes) ~~~ you took half the time available to complete the task~action~mission, you get half the extra~bonus points possible
score = 0 + (5) = 5

and the reason for this math equation~formula expression is this:

let's say for the first task in the game:

score = 0

score = 0 + (10 minutes - 9 minutes)
score = 0 + (1)
score = 1 // out of 10: 1/10 = 10%

and now for the second task in the game:

score = 1

score = 1 + (10 minutes - 3 minutes)
score = 1 + (7)
score = 8 // out of 20: 8/20 = 2/5 = 40%

and the third task in the game:

score = 8

score = 8 + (10 minutes - 7 minutes)
score = 8 + (3)
score = 11 // out of 30: 11/30 = ~37%

and the fourth task in the game:

score = 11

score = 11 + (10 minutes - 4 minutes)
score = 11 + (6)
score = 17 // out of 40: 17/40 = 42.5%

and etc etc etc

-------------

you could also do the reverse, say you start at 100 points, and you lose points based on how quickly~slowly~poorly you complete the tasks~missions~actions~choices.

-------------------------

as for how you do the math expressions in the GUI~Editor:

(Elements: Verbs, Commands, Functions, Turnscripts, Timers, etc?) -> run as~a script -> add a~new script -> variables -> 'set a variable or attribute' Script -> (see below)

Addition:

set variable Object_name.Attribute_name = [expression] Object_name.Attribute_name + numeric_Value
simpliest example: set variable player.strength = [expression] player.strength + 5

Subtraction:

set variable Object_name.Attribute_name = [expression] Object_name.Attribute_name - numeric_Value
simpliest example: set variable player.strength = [expression] player.strength - 7

Multiplication:

set variable Object_name.Attribute_name = [expression] Object_name.Attribute_name * numeric_Value
simpliest example: set variable player.strength = [expression] player.strength * 9

Division:

set variable Object_name.Attribute_name = [expression] Object_name.Attribute_name / numeric_Value
simpliest example: set variable player.strength = [expression] player.strength / 3