Verbs like "put __ in __" possible?

ezekieljd
I am sort of a beginner at creating interactive fiction, but I have played it a lot.

On this game I'm working on, I've been trying to figure out how to put/place/add items in/to a backpack my player is carrying. But I can only make verbs that are connected. How do I work around this? The only thing I've found is that I can "use __ with __" but how do I simply do the same thing with different words? PLEASE HELP!!!

XanMag
I just made a simple game and added 4 objects - backpack, apple, banana, and HK's head. All you need to do, I think, is make the backpack, click on the features tab, and click on 'container'. I then clicked on the boxes for can be open, can be closed, and list children when object is looked at or opened under the container tab. The commands 'put apple in backpack', etc. worked fine. When I looked at it when open, it told me the objects that were in it.

I added the code view of it below.

<object name="backpack">
<inherit name="editor_object" />
<inherit name="container_open" />
<look>It is a backpack.</look>
<alt type="stringlist">
<value>pack</value>
<value>bag</value>
</alt>
<take />
<feature_container />
<listchildren />
</object>
<object name="apple">
<look>It's a red apple.</look>
<take />
</object>
<object name="banana">
<look>It's a yellow banana.</look>
<take />
</object>
<object name="HKs head">
<alias>HK's head</alias>
<look>It is the ugliest thing you have ever seen. lol</look>
<take />
</object>
</object>
<object name="B">

Hope that helped.

XanMag
And, just kidding, HK. =)

ezekieljd
XanMag wrote:I just made a simple game and added 4 objects - backpack, apple, banana, and HK's head. All you need to do, I think, is make the backpack, click on the features tab, and click on 'container'. I then clicked on the boxes for can be open, can be closed, and list children when object is looked at or opened under the container tab. The commands 'put apple in in backpack', etc. worked fine. When I looked at it when open, it told me the objects that were in it.

Hope that helped.

Thanks! That really helped!

HegemonKhan
You'd need a super big backpack for my head, and also a sack~bag to cover it, as it's more ugly than medusa's head ~ seeing my head will do far worse than turning you to stone, wink.

-----

if you're brave, you can try learning~using: Commands, as they let you use whatever pattern you want to be required for your input during game play.