Can the capital letter shortcuts be disabled?

TinFoilMkIV
The two I've run into are 'S' for save, and R for something I'm not sure of but seems to just re display the room description. Anyways the question is, is there a way to bypass or disable these so a player can type these capital letters without it completely interrupting their input?

The Pixie
If I type a capital S, Quest will send me southwards. And R does not get recognised. That is the case both on-line and off-line. Not sure what your game is doing...

jaynabonne
It sounds like you mean the control characters? (Ctrl-S to save and Ctrl-R reloads the page.) I don't know of any way to disable those, as - at least in the desktop player - they're part of the outer window menu.

jaynabonne
Wow. I just tried it. Hitting capital R (shift-R) causes a reload, etc. That's definitely a bug. I don't know of a workaround yet.

(Pixie, are you using 5.6?)

Edit: It's less "capital R" as it is Shift-R. Caps lock works fine for capitals, and Shift-R with caps lock on still causes the bad behavior. So it's definitely a "holding shift key down" problem.

Alex
Yup that's a bug - I've just checked in a fix, so this will be fixed in v5.6.1.

Alex
I've now released Quest 5.6.1 which fixes this: https://github.com/textadventures/quest ... tag/v5.6.1

jaynabonne
Thanks, Alex!

The Pixie
jaynabonne wrote:Wow. I just tried it. Hitting capital R (shift-R) causes a reload, etc. That's definitely a bug. I don't know of a workaround yet.

(Pixie, are you using 5.6?)

Yes, I am using build 5.6.5508.33914, and shift-R does not do anything.

jaynabonne
I'm using Build 5.6.5514.32136. Maybe it crept in recently.

HegemonKhan
sounds like possibly the 'shift' key got hooked~used for the command accidentally instead of the 'ctrl' key, laughs.

TinFoilMkIV
Well good to hear and thanks for the update Alex. I did think it was kind of odd that it was interfering with normal typing.