Need Help for projekt and I will pay good for it.

Roomers
Dear friends,
I urgently bulge out help. The following situation:
For my company project I need somebody who effects a few adaptations in QUEST for me, because I cannot programing. I also pay well for it.
1. I need the possibility which I can give more Commands, can fix so own Commands.
2. Embeded video: Here I would be able to give with pleasure own URL which I myself fix. So also an URL which refer to data which are on the calculator. For example: C: / Documents/Quest/Video. . . . . . .
3. The movie should be shown in the size how it is actual.
I come from Germany, sorry for my bad english and I am enthusiastically from Quest. I hope, you can help me.
Best Regards,

Silver
Full size video? It's possible with html5 I think but where will you be hosting it? There's file limitations with the textadventures site.

Roomers
Hello. lster, I will host it on my own Server .

Silver
I don't know if/how that works. I haven't got embedded video working either although it should in theory. I need to try a second experiment.

Roomers
Hello.
I mean it so like in Documentation:

"""Plays a sound file (WAV or MP3 format), which must be in the same directory as the game file. If the parameter wait is "true", the script will stop until the sound has finished.""""

That is the example for embedding a sound.
Now it must be possible, to make this with a own video clip, you know?

Roomers
Hello Friends,

Here is the Exaple:

This is the Script for embedding a Sound.

</object>
    <object name="MusicPlayer">
      <inherit name="editor_object" />
      <displayverbs type="stringlist">
        <value>Untersuche</value>
        <value>Nimm</value>
        <value>hear sound</value>
      </displayverbs>
      <starten type="script">
        play sound ("salamisound-2239607-schritte-in-einer-halle.mp3", false, false)
      </starten>

If you PUBLISH, the Sound is included in your Quest Game

This is the Script to "Show a Video", not embedded

</object>
    <object name="DVD">
      <inherit name="editor_object" />
      <alias>Movie</alias>
      <look type="script">
        ShowYouTube ("MMXME2pm83c")
      </look>
    </object>

How is it possible, to use the upper Sound Script for a video? I will not link to a video, like YouTube.

Best reggards

Silver
You can't use the sound script to embed a video afaik. You might be able to using html5 video tags as I already explained. I'll give it a go later but last time I tried I ended up with malware from freeware I used to snatch a video clip from online.

Roomers
Shure. But, nevertheless, so alike the Script could also look for the video. whether I play now a sound from a file or a video. Nevertheless, it is for itself only about playing a file.

Silver
But what is playing the file? It doesn't just magically happen. The net framework handles Quest audio by however Alex has coded that to happen. Which means it isn't coded to handle video files which requires additional info for starters.

Silver
If you want to look at the code to see if it can be altered look at what lies beneath the bonnet of the function that playing a sound calls.

Roomers
I hope, we do not misunderstand ourselves. Maybe I must define with embedded differently:

Example for Sound:
I will play a Sound. in Game, I Add nescript, borws for File on my PC.
Now, I Publish Game, saved it an give it to any of my Friends, who have Quest installed.
My friends plays my Game and the Soudfile is included and they could hear sound. Thats I mean.

If I want to allow to indicate a video in my play, the video is indicated later in the play always in a commensurate window. This should also remain in such a way, I would like to change only the window size with pleasure and the video file local on my PC lies. Just, how with to the sound file. The sound file is also local on the PC and is not covered about a Web-URL.

If I want to allow to indicate a video I my play, the video is indicated later in the play always in a commensurate window. This should also remain in such a way, I would like to change only the window size with pleasure and the video file local on my PC lies. Just, how with to the sound file. The sound file is also local on the PC and is not covered about a Web-URL.

Roomers
The Game should be not played online. Local on PC

Silver
You want the video to be played in a floating window rather than embedded?

Silver
For what can be achieved on a technical level you might want to pm Pertex who is a German speaker afaik.

Roomers
My translater is very bad....yes, in a floating window

Silver
Ist das besser? die beste Lösung für eine Video-Wiedergabe in einem anderen Browser wäre, um es auf einem Webserver hosten und einen Hyperlink in den Aufträgen zu öffnen.

Silver
A floating window might be possible using either css or jquery but I'm yet to get an embedded one working. Will see later.

Roomers
Please, the video should be played in a floating window. If you can help me, I will pay a ammount for this.

Silver
I'm not a professional programmer unfortunately. There's others here who are that might give you a price for the work though.

HegemonKhan
Any of the site staff probably have the coding~programming expertise to do what you need, but as to whether they will (and~or have the time), is another matter.

Pertex is German~Duetch (easier communication), so you can try pm'ing him for help, and~or the others too, but they may not speak German~Duetch.