Printing messages via script at the bottom of the screen in Gamebook?

Matador
I'm making a gamebook with a few basic attributes and a few inventory items, so I want a way for the player to easily see at a glance where he's at and what he's got. I have very limited programming knowledge, so it seems like the easiest way is to just have a few "If flag=yes, then print "whatever"" statements fire when the player loads a new page. And conveniently, you can add scripts that fire anytime you enter a new page in Quest, under the Game tab.

However, I really want them to print at the bottom of the page so that it doesn't break the flow of the narration. Ideally it would print the text, print the choices, and then spit out your attributes and items. Like this:

"You see a door."

--Open the door.
--I hate doors. I'm going home to my cave.
--Call in an airstrike!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strength: 10
Intelligence: 1
Libido: Max

You are carrying:
A sword
A Radio
Emotional Baggage

Any thoughts? I guess I could copy/paste the text to every page, but who knows how many pages there will eventually be. I'd rather have a more elegant solution if there is one.

The Pixie
To do anything fancy, I would recommend doing a text adventure and making it look like a gamebook.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4772

If you are feeling really brave, it is probably possible to split the screen in a text adventure, and keep all the stats in the lower half, with the story in the top half, but will require some messing with CSS and JavaScript.

Matador
Eh. This is about the fanciest thing I want to do.

I can have a script that runs as soon as you enter a page that does what I'm describing, it just looks backwards. All the stats and items are at the top of the page rather than the bottom. I guess I can probably live with it, but I figured there was probably some sort of PrintAtBottom("Text Goes here") function I was missing.