Hide map and naming rooms the same - SOLVED! Thanks!

XanMag
I am NOT good at understanding programming language and I have most certainly made my game code more complex than it needs to be via trial and error processes to get things 'just right' or at least functional, but there are a few things I'm trying to clean up before I publish and could use some help finalizing.

1. I would like to name a big chunk of rooms the same. There is a chunk of ~30 rooms I want all to be named Long Tangled Path but it seems I cannot name them all the same, so I must name them Long Tangled Path1, LTP2, etc. Seeing that it is a maze, I would like the names to be the same. Which leads me to question 2...

2. I would like to, but not essential if it's too much work, remove the automatic mapping option ONLY in the maze (rooms named Long Tangled Path and Long Tangled Dead End). I tried turning the outline for the rooms white to match the background but I can still see the

3. I get a message (only occasionally it seems) that when I leave a room called 'Downhill Path' I get an error message that reads "Layer out of Bounds 3 to -3" or something akin to that. The game is still playable but I cannot use typed directional commands only the pop up menu direction commands.

I really want to wrap this game up and share because I think it is very good. Please help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will post the entire game here (or sections of it) if that would help. Let me know! Thanks.

george
The trick with #1 is to give your room an alias. Go to each room's setup tab and enter an alias of Long Tangled Path. The player will see the alias, you will use the 'name' when you code the game.

For future reference, to do this quickly in the GUI, create the first room and give it the alias you want. Then select the room in the game tree, ctrl-c to copy, then ctrl-v as many times as you want to create more rooms with the same alias (but different internal names).

For question #2, here is a quick hack. Fair warning, I don't know if this is the 'right' way to do it.

For any room you don't want automapped, go to the Scripts tab of the room, go to 'Before entering the room', and click the code view icon (the second from the right, looks like a piece of paper). You'll get a blank input box. Type

this.grid_render = False

For #3, sorry, hard to say without seeing the specific code in your game.

XanMag
Thanks a ton! Worked like a charm. Didn't have problem #3 the next play through so, who knows?

My game should be ready to post. If there is anyone who wants to proof it before I try and post it, let me know!

Thanks again!