Can't play videos from youtube

ShrimpTastic
I created a telephone that when you dial a number it links to a youtube video and plays it.

But when I go to test in game it says:

"You must install Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer for videos to work"

But Flash player is installed, for IE.

I searched this forum for this error message and was surprised to only get one result which did not contain a solution.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks! :D

HegemonKhan
do you have the most recent version of adobe flash player? do you have the most recent version of IE ? computer model and speks... etc etc etc, laughs.

other possible things needed:

1. '.net' downloads, I think the most recent .net now doesn't require also having ~.net 3.5 (which caused some problem for someone trying to use quest as they had ~ .net 4.0, which was missing some functionality that ~ .net 3.5 gave, which they didn't have downloaded)

2. 'java' downloads

Silver
What OS are you running? Someone was having problems with audio recently running Windows XP so I guess Quest likes things to be reasonably up to date.

ShrimpTastic
IE 11
most recent version of Flash Player
Windows 7 x64, plenty of cpu and RAM
most recent java

I'm stumped too. Any other ideas?

HegemonKhan
1. are you using online~web browser or offline~desktop version of quest?

2. can you play youtube videos normally on~with your computer?

3. the .net downloads

4. possibly there's some setting in IE, to allow for flash player or maybe it involves an 'activeX' control setting too... but this is beyond my knowledge...

5. if applicable, make sure your IE, flash, and quest is 64 bit version downloads, for your 64 bit version win 7 OS

Silver
There's possibly a way to play video within Quest using html5. My earlier experiments were a dismal failure, but that was before I found out that Quest disregards some file types upon publish, which can be overridden as of Quest 5.6. I need to have a play around with that again.

Silver
Although having said that, it shouldn't have stopped it working locally as an aslx file. But, updated chromium.

ShrimpTastic
offline version of quest
yes can play videos normally
.net 4.5.1
not seeing any setting in IE
All 64 bit

Just to be clear, you all are able to play youtube videos directly via the Quest game preview?

Silver
I've never tried to use YouTube vids in a game. I was talking about the possibility of playing a video from within the .quest file itself using html5 video tags. The reason why I initially explored that was I thought it would look inconsistent for a YouTube vid with control bar suddenly appearing in a game, where as you can utilise auto play with html5 with no control bar. Although it wouldn't work for mobile devices as mobile browsers don't support auto play.

jaynabonne
When I try to play a youtube video with id "jXLhXmfe878", it works. Can you provide the id for the video you're linking to, in case it's dependent on the video?

(Note I'm still using Quest 5.5.)

Silver
ShrimpTastic wrote:IE 11
most recent version of Flash Player
Windows 7 x64, plenty of cpu and RAM
most recent java

I'm stumped too. Any other ideas?

Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome?