"No time for lounging around." [SOLVED, OOPS]

puellamagi
So I made a silly joke game today, just testing out the software for the first time. I had my boyfriend playtest it to see what he'd do and he was faux-offended when he typed "sit" and the game told him there was "no time for lounging around". I thought it would be funny to put an ending in where you sit down on the floor and lose all motivation to continue. So I went to my commands list and tried to add "sit," and Quest told me "an element called sit already exists in the game". Cool. It's a built-in command along with stuff like go, open, close, etc., which I understand. How do I use it though?

It's easy enough for me to make "sit on floor" happen-- make a floor object in the room, when "sit" is applied to it, it runs a script that prints a message and ends the game or whatever. That's not the problem. I just want to know if I can get "sit" alone to do something different, other than spit out the "no time for lounging around" message.

Sorry if I'm missing something essential here. I have been through the tutorial, I've searched the forum and the wiki and I've learned a lot in the past 24-ish hours, but my brain isn't inclined toward programming and it's slow to learn systems like this. :oops:

EDIT: As usual, after I finally decide I've lost and posted on a support forum, I found the solution, or at least a really good hint, while searching for information about something completely different. I'll excuse myself.

Silver
There's a simpler way than messing about with templates.

Assuming you're using the desktop editor (I have no idea about the online one):

Go to the bottom of the left hand pane and click filter then click 'show library elements'.
A list of all game commands and functions will now appear in the left pane greyed out. Find the one called 'sit', click on it and then on the right hand side of the screen there'll be a button called 'copy'. Click that.
Sit will now be an editable command in your game. To get rid of the greyed out list just go back to filter and click to hide the game elements.

HegemonKhan
there's also using COMMANDS ( http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... mmand.html ), you see a bit about them in this thread here (they're the newest posts):

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4946

though, they're a bit more advanced for trying to understand them. Let us know if you need help!

puellamagi
Silver wrote:There's a simpler way than messing about with templates.

Assuming you're using the desktop editor (I have no idea about the online one):...

AAAAH! I knew there had to be some better way! This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping to find, it was just shoved into a corner where I never thought to look.

HegemonKhan wrote:there's also using COMMANDS...

I see you in that thread, posting complexities! It's all a bit over my head, but I'll probably figure it out eventually.

Thanks y'all! This will make my life easier.