Quest online on Chromebooks

qroft
Hi there,
i am trying out to use Quest online on my Samsung Chromebook. When i test out my Game it always jumps
to the responsive layout. So i inspected my console and get this error:

The value "device-width;" for key "width" is invalid, and has been ignored.
Play.aspx?id=96331:5 The value "1.0;" for key "maximum-scale" was truncated to its numeric prefix.
/mobile/Play.aspx?id=96331:5 The value "1.0;" for key "minimum-scale" was truncated to its numeric prefix.
/mobile/Play.aspx?id=96331:5 Error parsing a meta element's content: ';' is not a valid key-value pair separator. Please use ',' instead.

In theory i understand that something is wrong set up at recognizing the device with.
Does anyone has an idea on how i can change this?

'thanks and greetings,
carlos

jaynabonne
I'm unclear - is this a generic Quest game problem (e.g. even the empty generated game has this problem), or are you modifying the layout and have experienced a problem due to the that? If it's the second one, then we'd need to see your game to see what you have done.

I also don't know what "it always jumps to the responsive layout" means. :)

qroft
I have done nothing to the layou. I just logged in online, started to create one room and went imediately to TEST for checking out the game.

The "responsive" means this:
Just like you can do with simple websites, Quest loads up so called jQuery "design" files together with Bootstrap.
Both together, in short, can handle this at the start of a game like this:
When the width of the screen is less than X, choose responsive layout.

Nowadays a lot of websites use this technique to avoid having to offer a mobile application for their service/prouduct.
So all that this "responsive" does is to check the width of your device/browser and change the properties of some of the elements.
In my case on my 11inch Chromebook: the menu and the panels just appear after i hit a "special-menu" button.
This way it is mobile friendly, but the point is that i do not want it to be mobile friendly in my case :)

Regardless of this, i just checked the web and somewhere it was stated that instead of using a semicolon on specifying the device-width,
Quest should use a comma. Yesterday night i checked my test-game again and it looks like Alex corrected this because now everything
looks like it should :)

Thanks a lot for your support and time!
Carlos

Silver
Hmm I had a similar issue that I hadn't got round to raising in that I've removed the panels but if the game is accessed online using a mobile device there's a clickable cross which opens up a UI with options such as undo which I don't want players to have access to. Are you saying it's that issue which has been resolved?

qroft
Hi Silver,
it seems so, though i have not changed anything in templating or so.
Have you tried to make that button dissapear via CSS ? That's not the most beautiful way but could be of help.
Carlos