Need help - trying to add links into a custom built Description for moving to certain rooms

silentgator
So ive started on a large project to deal with my free time, and i have currently done a simple overtop rewrite of the description system used when entering area's - so far im doing a city, where you still use the compass and normal commands north,south,east,west etc to move through it, however since the city is large and has very little space for adding shops and buildings and so on in the street area's i am trying to figure out a easy way to apply links for travel, and am hoping maybe i didnt understand somthing on the wiki or that someone has a way they have used to deal with adding links for movement to area's.

As it goes right now i am working on a for each blah blah annoying blah routine thats done via the description function that honestly i would prefer not having to use, since i am sure as the project gets larger, and more content is added that it will lag on the browser, and sooner or later on the windows app, and would really prefer to be using somthing like hyperlinks, or a decent alternative, that can be represented through print message/expression bit, or if need be a function that could remedy this issue, since my current route, however may work, is overly bulky, and for how i know its going to be in dealing with having to do work arounds in programming when something has no real ability to do what you want, other then letting you create a large and overly disgusting looking piece of coding hell, well lets just say, my ears are open, and im hoping for the best, however if nothing comes to anyones mind, i will probly use the current route im going at, till somthing promising comes along.... just have to hope that isnt going to be the case..

Silver
Set up a command and call it travel to market (or whatever). In the command select it as 'regular expression' and in the script select move object (player) to object (market).

Then you can add the command in any typed text using the text processor with this code:

{command:travel to market}

That will then show up as a hyperlink.

silentgator
Thank you for the quick response.

Silver
Let us know if you have any problems.

silentgator
Hmmm seem to be hitting a snag on it, when i try to leave the starting room to the first street that has the link on it, i stay inside the starting room and the entrance to the street with the link looks like it gets deleted, any idea's?

silentgator
Ahhh i think i made a mistake, apparently it is launching the command without being pressed when you enter the area

Silver
On this thread I uploaded an example that uses a command to continue reading a journal.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4970

silentgator
Ahhh i see what i did wrong, forgot to write the bit in the input under pattern, didnt think it was needed for both, but oh well, it works now thanks

Silver
No worries.

Silver
This is the documentation for the text processor:
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... essor.html

silentgator
Alright thanks.