Printed Messages won't show

crtwigs
Hello!

So I am brand new to this whole text adventure/Quest thing (like I just started an hour ago). I was going through the very first tutorial and got to the part where you add verbs to an object. I have a tv set in the lounge that has a crack in it. I want the player to be able to try to watch the tv. The message I want to follow is "nothing happens". So I selected Print a message after I have added the verb to the tv object. When I play the game however and type "watch tv" it just gives me a blank line as if I hadn't written anything. I don't know if this is a beginner problem and if I missed something in the tutorial or if I am missing something obvious in the verbs menu.I have also added the game file to this post.

Here is a link to the tutorial in case anyone wants to see it. http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/tutorial/creating_a_simple_game.html

Thank you to anyone willing to help this beginner!

jaynabonne
You selected Print Message, but you don't seem to have actually put your message in to be printed. At least in the game you uploaded, there is no actual message to be printed, just an empty field. (Click on TV and then the "watch" verb, and you'll see.) I added in your text in my copy of the game, and it printed fine.

crtwigs
Thank you! I tried it again and it is working now. I don't know what happened before because I would type something in and it would just disappear after I tested the game, but it's working now. :)