Removing a library after implementing it

Silver
I've discovered the wearables library has a bug in it that I don't have the knowledge to fix. So I want to remove it from my game. This is easier said than done. I'm now in the position that I can't even take an alternative action as the wearables library has taken control over the 'remove' command meaning I can't use it but the wearables library one is bugged. If I try to remove the code by installing an empty wearables library the game refuses to load. I hope this is do-able as I'm knee deep in code.

If it isn't I'd strongly suggest people don't install ANY library unless it's 100% tested.

R2T1
I'm sure the bug can be swatted by those in the know but they will need a few clues as to what is wrong. Error messages. Where in the code it stops. Values of variables. Have you used the debugger? Perhaps even some sample of your code that shows your implementation of it.

Too often people give up when there are others here who are only too willing to assist.

Silver
Well to be fair I have been discussing it on the relevant thread! :D If you try and remove an item that you're not carrying (and isn't wearable) rather than the game returning a response such as "You're not wearing it" or "It can't be worn" you get this error:

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'not object.parent = game.pov or not object.worn or not object.removeable': NotElement: Operation not defined for type 'Object'

I'm going to email the creator to let them know about it.

jaynabonne
It sounds like you're still referencing something in your game that came from the library. A function or inherited type perhaps? The former will complain when you run, but the latter won't even let you load the game. If you delete those references, you should be able to remove the library.

Silver
I only reference it with one object in the game. I removed it with a view to reimplementing it with a command but when I delete the wearables library from my directory the code remains in the game. It is this that I don't know how to remove. I tried overwriting it with a blank .aslx file named wearables and it just wouldn't even let me launch Quest from my game file. I'm banking on the library creator turning up and fixing it (I have emailed) tbh otherwise there's a bug in my game that I can't get rid of lol.

The Pixie
Back up your game file before doing this, just in case...

Go into code view and search for "wearables". If the library is still linked from your game, that will find it. You should be able to delete the whole line to remove it.

Then search for "remove". If there is a part of the library incorporated in your game file (or indeed anything) that is messing up the REMOVE command, that will find it. How you deal with it depends on what it is...

jaynabonne
When you reopen you game, as well, look for the error. If there is a type used, it will tell you what to look for.

Silver
The Pixie wrote:Back up your game file before doing this, just in case...

Go into code view and search for "wearables". If the library is still linked from your game, that will find it. You should be able to delete the whole line to remove it.

Then search for "remove". If there is a part of the library incorporated in your game file (or indeed anything) that is messing up the REMOVE command, that will find it. How you deal with it depends on what it is...

It was literally just one line of code I had to remove. Thanks.