Game load error after backup save

OurJud
I created a backup folder, then saved my game in there after adding the date onto the end of the file name.

After doing this, if I try to play my game, I get an error saying, "Failed to load. Cannot find dimsome.aslx in current path or application / resources path"

I also get this if I try to load the backup file.

No idea why it's doing this, but I would really like to be able to save a backup file somewhere.

Silver
Just copy your game directory somewhere?

OurJud
Silver wrote:Just copy your game directory somewhere?

I don't know what you just said to me. How do I do this?

Silver
OurJud wrote:

"Silver"

Just copy your game directory somewhere?

I don't know what you just said to me. How do I do this?

The problem is it isn't just the game file you want to back up. It's all files associated with it. So each time you create a new game it's good practice (imo) to have a dedicated folder for it (as opposed to having all your gamea saved into one folder). That's what is meant by a directory. Just right click the folder and select copy. Then find somewhere else on a different hard drive right click and select paste. Voila. You now have a copy of your entire game directory.

What I suspect happened with you is you just saved the game elsewhere. But it will now look for all associated files there too hence you're getting an error.

OurJud
Yes, that makes sense, as it was definitely looking for a missing dimsome (isn't that Chinese starter foods?) file.

So I copy the whole folder which contains the working game file?

Thanks.

Silver
Yep. The directory. ;)

OurJud
Silver wrote:Yep. The directory. ;)

That's jargon. I don't do jargon :)