Image overlay

OurJud
I have a notebook image that is called on 'look/x/use/read', but I need a secondary page for the notebook, later in the game. The second page will be called with 'turn page/next page/page two/page 2'.

Would it be at all possible to overlay the image (filename: notebook) with (filename: notebook_pg2) when the player types 'turn page', and vice versa, rather than have a new image displayed each time the player switches between page?

I do have an alternative if this isn't doable, where I will explain in a short user manual at the start of the game that the relevant page can be called with 'look/x/use/read notebook' and 'look/x/use/read notebook page 2'.

Not ideal, but at least this way they can jump right to page two of the notebook.

Silver
Quest has the ability to display images. I don't think it has the ability to stack/layer them if that's what you mean. I'd go for your plan B.

OurJud
Silver wrote:Quest has the ability to display images. I don't think it has the ability to stack/layer them if that's what you mean. I'd go for your plan B.

Yeah, I'd already come to that conclusion. I've seen it done in The Lunastone, but maybe I'd need to speak to the game's designer.

Silver
Drop him a PM:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6381

OurJud
Could do. Cheers.

Silver
He's not massively active on the forums but he's one of the most prolific (and one of the better) authors on here.