Getting an error while trying to add a "talk to" command?

RavenRiddle
Hello everyone! I've just started trying to figure out Quest and I'm stuck and not understanding the tutorial. I have attached two screenshots with explanations and my game file below, and I will add a third screenshot in the comments.

Thanks for helping out a newbie!
bandicam 2014-12-03 09-16-12-637.jpg
bandicam 2014-12-03 09-16-04-874.jpg

RavenRiddle
Last screenshot:
bandicam 2014-12-03 09-16-20-278.jpg

jaynabonne
What you see inside the #'s are baked into Quest. You can't change them. Your options are:

#text# - to match any text
#object# - to match an object
#object2# - to match a second object in the same pattern
#exit# - to match an exit

You can't have #text_talk# or #object_one#. Quest has no idea what those are!

RavenRiddle
It looked to me like I was doing what the tutorial said. What should I do instead of those?

jaynabonne
Make your pattern:

say #text# to #object#

and then use "text" instead of "text_talk" and "object" instead of "object_one" in the scripts.

Edit: The tutorial is definitely broken. Sorry for the confusion caused by that!

RavenRiddle
No problem, thanks for clarifying. One more question: What exactly do I put in the highlighted part in the screenshot below to make it work?
bandicam 2014-12-03 11-23-11-182.jpg

jaynabonne
Try these two script lines (from the GUI):

Print expression: "You say: " + text
Print expression: object + " can't talk."

RavenRiddle
This seems to have worked, thanks!
bandicam 2014-12-03 12-09-41-093.jpg
bandicam 2014-12-03 12-10-00-649.jpg

jaynabonne
Oops. Change the second one to:

object.alias + " can't talk."

That will get rid of the "Object:" part on the front (if it matters to you at this stage). :)

RavenRiddle
Thanks again. :) One more thing(sorry!):

"Notice what happens when you type "use defibrillator on bob" a second time - you get the same response again. You should know how to fix this now - update your "use defibrillator on bob" script to check for the "alive" flag. Update this now."

I actually don't know how to fix this, the tutorial didn't tell me like it seems to think it did. :/

RavenRiddle
Nevermind, figured it out.

jaynabonne
Cool :)

up2ng
From your initial screenshots it looks like your problem was that you had "Joe" selected in your pulldown menu for your switch statement instead of object_one. Also, I'm not sure what's going on with the key case and that script or why you have a Joe case. Try creating a simple troll object so that you can follow the tutorial precisely.