How run Quest Desktop version with Linux?

Metamorforme42
I have beginned to create a game with the desktop version on windows, and now I have Ubuntu installed (because it's 60% cooler and 100% more free :wink: ). I work with a friend who has only windows.
I tried to run Quest with Wine and it doesn't work. I tried with mono and it doesn't work again. I don't want to use the web version because we can't editing librarys with actual version and I like work on my game during hollidays (when I haven't internet access).
Is there someone here who knows how make this and who can help me?

george
If you have a copy of Windows you can install on a virtual machine (in something like Virtual Box) that might be the easiest route. I think I remember some problems with Mono, but what was the problem with Wine?

Metamorforme42
I have an error in a popup windows when I try to install quest:
"Error
Access violation at address 00409B72. Write of address 00400000"

an when try to install with the Terminal, it says:
"fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub" and I have the same windows.

And I have any ISO of Windows for installing a virtual machine...

jaynabonne
Did you try looking up that error in google? (fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy) There are a number of people who had that message in other contexts. You might be able to find an answer "out there" somewhere.

One thing is that Quest needs a recent version of .NET. You might need to install a more recent version in Wine? (I'm just guessing. I have no experience with Wine and no real clue. But the installed version of .NET has been a problem in Windows installs as well.)

Metamorforme42
Ok, I had 1.6.2Wine version (stable) and I have just installing 1.7 (development version).
It said the same error message. So I tried to change location of Quest installer (it was on my 2nd partition disk) and put it on my desktop.
So, I tried again and... Tadaa, Quest installation is complete !

But I have now an other problem: When I execute quest.exe with Wine, nothing appears... Any windows. Only my mouse who have a loading animation. After one minute, it stopped and in the system monitor, any program as started.
I have tested other application (Internet Explorer and Notepad) but they are working. Why not for Quest?!

PS: and I have .NET framework 4.0 who is installed