Audio and unscramble do not work on mobile phone

Terrence
I uploaded a gamebook as unlisted, and I tried it out on my iPhone. It looks very nice and all the hyperlinks work. However, audio files don't play, and the unscramble feature I added as a function call when the player enters the correct word in response to a Get input, does not work.

Everything works fine on my laptop, but not on my phone. Any advice?

Thanks,

T.

Pertex
The mobile player does not support several features of the "normal" Quest player. Perhaps Alex will create a responsive layout for Quest in the future

Terrence
Wow, ok. It works fine on my Android tablet. That is, the unscramble feature does. It still doesn't play the audio files. But on my iPhone neither works. So many people use their mobile phones nowadays, it would be nice if the features worked on there. However, if I'd known it wouldn't, I probably would have avoided that feature all together.

T.

Silver
I got around being unable to play multiple sounds by using some html5 code and I discovered some stuff during my investigation. Unfortunately no mobile browsers support autoplay of media (because people may get charged a ridiculous sum for doing so via their phone contract). I'm not sure if this is the same issue but it's unfair to point the finger at Quest when mobile browsers are specifically coded not to autoplay media.

Terrence
Hi Silver,

I wasn't trying to be mean to quest. If it sounded that way, I'm sorry. However, someone like me, without a lot of experience,doesn't know about these things. I was just saying that since mobile phone usage is so prevalent now, it might be helpful to state which features won't work on them.

T.

Silver
Fair enough. Sometimes when i play using a mobile the 'press any ket to continue' hyperlink doesn't work. As such I class moblile play pretty much broken.