Can't delete a script?

OurJud
I added a 'wait for key press' script to my intro page, to move the player on to the first location, but I don't like how it displays a blue 'Continue' hyperlink so tried to delete the script and can't. There's no 'X' for the 'wait for key press' script??

Silver
There is. Highlight it then the x (for delete) is at the top of that string of scripts.

OurJud
My mistake. The X is right at the top, but I thought each new script had it's own delete button. I saw the X at the top, but presumed this would delete the whole page, rather than the last script entered.

OurJud
Silver wrote:There is. Highlight it then the x (for delete) is at the top of that string of scripts.

Oops, see last. Thanks all the same :)

Silver
I had the same problem once too. It isn't immediately obvious.

Silver
OurJud wrote:My mistake. The X is right at the top, but I thought each new script had it's own delete button. I saw the X at the top, but presumed this would delete the whole page, rather than the last script entered.

It deletes the one you highlight iirc. Each script string has a delete option and you can highlight one or more scripts underneath then click to delete. There's also arrows to move scripts up and down the chain which is useful for after thoughts.

HegemonKhan
it's not obvious, as scripts have layers and layer blocks, and it gets really confusing in~with the GUI~Editor (not just with deleting ~ I hate how I delete a whole huge block I just created, when I only wanted to delete a single script line, but with adding scripts too, it's hard to see which is the right layer of 'add a script circle button', another reason why I moved to working with the code, lol) ... this is where code is nice, as you can see the layers and layer blocks, via the indenting.

(you can always go into Code View and delete whatever you want, hehe)

Silver
There is that. I'm going to start now as habit having a nose at script codes to see what's going on under the bonnet.

HegemonKhan
wow, Silver is going to start looking at code, hehe :D I never thought this day would come, laughs ;)
(now if I could just explain code better in my posts... maybe I could start helping Silver learn to code... if not... Jay will, laughs)