Sound file won't work

OurJud
I've uploaded a small MP3 soundfile to my intro page using the UI, but when I start the game, the file refuses to play.

I searched the forum and read a reply which stated Firefox won't play soundfiles (at least not MP3s)

I decided this was my problem so loaded up IE just to check, and found this OS wouldn't play the file either.

Any ideas? And is there any way to get sound clips to play for FF users?

Silver
Firefox don't support the mp3 file format unfortunately. Chrome and Safari do and IE 9 too iirc but not earlier versions. You could get the sound to work on multiple browsers by uploading the file formats that do work but you'd need to do some coding in html5 too - you wouldn't be able to get it to happen using the Quest GUI.

OurJud
Mmm. that's disappointing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I take it I'm safe in assuming that Chrome and/or IE9 users are hearing the soundclip then? At least I can take comfort in that.

OurJud
Strange??

I've just copied my online game over to the desktop version, and the soundclip doesn't even play from that? Why would that be the case when I'm not even using a browser to play the game?

Silver
Have you got the sound file working at all then?

The desktop version has an in built browser: Chrome, albeit not the latest Chrome afaik. Your sound file should play on it. Mine do. So you may have done something wrong. Is it possible to upload your game file or a file recreating the problem?

OurJud
Thanks, Silver, I had the sound file on the first page, instead of the intro page where I wanted it. Once I discovered this and moved it to the intro page, it played just fine.

Thanks.