Intro page (Gamemook mode)

OurJud
Apologies, my impatience got the better of me here. I missed the tick box which allows you hide the title etc. I also solved the location positioning problem with some quick cutting and pasting.

I have created an intro page (as an afterthought). It consists of an image, with the the game's title and author as part of the image, followed by a quick backstory to the game.

I want this to be the first thing the player sees, and need to get rid of the default game title.

Therefore my question is two-fold; Can I, indeed, get rid of the default game title? And how do I make this intro page be the first thing the player sees, problem being that I've already created by first page?

Thanks in advance.

HegemonKhan
as to the first thing that the player sees:

simply put your 'player' Object into that page (the page that has the 'player' Object in it, is the starting page, same for Text Adventure mode, except instead of 'pagex', it's 'whatever' Room Object):

on the left side (the 'tree of stuff' ), click and hold on the 'player' (to pick it up: just like on your desktop with folders~files!) Object, and then move (using the mouse or touchpad) it to your intro page (left side's 'tree of stuff' again), and let go of button, hehe :D

(otherwise, you can just cut and paste the 'player' tag block from the 'pageX' it is in, to~into your 'intro page' tag block, but you got to know code: aka quest's code structuring)

---------

well, I don't see it here:

http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... notes.html (uber useful link, by the way)

so, I must have seen it in a post...

I saw somewhere how to hide~remove the game title at the top of the screen (though not of much help to you, lol), if this is what you are asking about... ???

OurJud
Thanks, HegemonKhan, all sorted in that department now.

OurJud
Thanks, HegemonKhan, all sorted in that department now.

HegemonKhan wrote:I saw somewhere how to hide~remove the game title at the top of the screen (though not of much help to you, lol), if this is what you are asking about... ???

There's a tick box on the 'design' tab that lets you turn the title on and off.