Odd Issues When Playing Game After Android Conversion

guiltl3ss
Greetings everyone,

I am very new here so I apologize in advance if my question seems amateurish. Basically, I've been playing with Quest and I've been able to export a small test portion of my game to a .apk file, but it doesn't seem to work. More precisely, none of the commands I've tried (except look) seems to do anything. Am I organizing my objects and locations wrong? Or perhaps I have a bit of code being annoying. My real goal is to just "go north." No errors. Just nothing happens.

Thanks!

Silver
What do you mean by 'android conversion'? If you mean using the converting software then there are issues with it afaik.

guiltl3ss
I'm able to compile it to the html and js files. I'm able to upload it to PhoneGap and generate an APK. I'm able to install and run the game on my Android device. It loads nicely but some of the actions do nothing.

guiltl3ss
Hm, problem seems to be in either the shed, larder, cellar, or something attached to them. Once I removed all of them, it seemed to work. Crazy. I'll look into this more.

zap
Did you find out what the problem was? I'm looking at it now and notice you have a blank command. Try removing that.

I'm having that exact same problem only with all saved games. Everything works fine on android until you back out of the program or quit. When the game restarts it shows the previous input but whatever you type it just refreshes the page and shows the same thing. Do you not have that when you reload a game in progress?

Something to be wary of with android: You put a version on the tablet, play it and it saves your progress, you put a new version on and it tries to load that save - this will give you the same problem. Definitely completely uninstall the test app before you put it on again otherwise you will run into this a lot.