Verb problem

bibiklein
I have a problem with some of my verbs. They aren't working, although I can't see that anything's wrong.

Whenever I use any of the following verbs while playing the game, I get this message:
You can't listen to; talk to; smell; lick; taste; search; break it.
And this happens whether or not I have created a response to this verb with that object.

It's only these specific verbs that aren't working, but they don't work with any objects.

jaynabonne
I tried what you were talking about, and somehow in the beginning I ended up in a weird state where the strings showed up in the editor UI, but they weren't actually in code view. Once I saved the game and reloaded it, they all went blank.

I then tried again and couldn't get it to happen. It might have something to do with verbs that have more than one variation (e.g. "smell; sniff"), but like I said, I can't get it to happen again.

What I would suggest is to save and load your game again. See if any of the verb strings go blank. I would remove any verbs not working and choose them from the drop down list (if you hadn't already).

If you have a game where this is occurring, you could also attach it here. I'd be really curious to see what state it's in when this happens. (Perhaps I just typed the verb names wrong.)