How Can You Disable the Parser Strictly For an Intro?

TextStories
I want to make an intro for my game. I have it where I run a script upon before entering the room and also for the first time. I print the message, than wait for a key to be pressed, then have the screen clear and repeat the print message, wait for key to be pressed and clear screen till I am done. However, the little yellow box at the bottom that says “Type here...”, appears between each “Continue” hyperlink or key press. Is there a way to stop that or is that something on my end, like the game is taking too long to load between page turns?

When it is all said and done, this really does not effect the game, but it kind of distracts the player, (aka me... :lol: ) when something that is not needed pops up for a second and disappears repeatedly upon each new bit of new info presented to them. Thank you for your time and patience.

Avantar
Seeing that nobody answered you:

I am not sure that I get the same as you do between continues. Perhaps you can post your room and intro scripts here?
My Intro looks like this: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... -hope-demo

**Edit**

Wait - I see what you mean - sorry but it does not do this in the offline version. I hardly use/play online.

The Pixie
You can turn off the command box on one of the game tabs.
I think you can turn it back on in a script with this:

request(Show, "Command")

See more here:
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... quest.html

Silver
Avantar wrote:
Wait - I see what you mean - sorry but it does not do this in the offline version. I hardly use/play online.

It does it to me in the offline version where the parser quickly pops up then disappears to be replaced by a hyperlink when testing my game. I just put up with it as being a quirk. Would be nice to be rid of it though.

Cheers for the code pixie.

Avantar
Might be because my background is black or it happens so quick I do not notice?? :shock:
Listening to The Pixie will be the safest bet. Do tell if it sorted your problem in the end.

TextStories
Thanks, I will have to check out the code. Again this not a major issue, just something I saw and wondered about. Also I do not play in online mode, so I was strictly speaking of off line anyway.

And speaking of playing online, although this is a bit off topic, but since I created the topic in the first place I assume I can derail it for a bit... :mrgreen: How come only certain games, like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy can only be played online on the main site? Were these games ever transfered to the Quest code or are these merely on loan so to speak?

Avantar
I have only done work off-line.
So my best guess would be that it was created with the offline version.

In some way it might even be better creating it with the online version if you want people to play it online; since there are quite a few things that works offline but not online. Therefore I haven't finished mine for online play.

Issues I have - timers, type of sound file and if you have an attribute on a sound file (Like wait for the sound to finish) Not sure, but some of my nested wait commands that worked fine offline didn't work online....
Still only work offline. :wink:

But hey - that is only if I understood the question correctly.

**Edit**

Have you downloaded my game and see if the intro behaves the same there by you? (my intro is after the character creation)