Online Editor Sound Issues

flarts
I've been trying out the online editor and cannot for the life of me get any sounds to play.
I've trawled through the forum and GitHub and found a few instances of sound not occurring especially with various browser incompatibility but generally these seem to be resolved.

I've stripped this right down to a game with 2 rooms and a sound should play when you enter the second room. It does not, or at least it does not here in Chrome, Mozilla or IE (Windows 7) and IceWeasel (Linux). I've tried it with different mp3s and wavs and none of them work. I have also played someone else's game online that includes sound... and it works perfectly.

So as I see it, it can only be 2 things...
1 - It's a peculiarity of the online editor which GitHub does suggest has been an issue in the past (I haven't as of yet tried the Windows offline editor as REALLY I wanted to run Linux and edit in the browser). Perhaps the uploaded audio file isn't in the same folder on the server as the test game or at the least something is happening to the filename once uploaded? (I used a very simple filename for this reason though)

2 - I'm a twit and I'm doing something wrong.

Code attached such as it is and I hope it IS number 2 as aside from this issue, I'm LOVIN' Quest.
Thanks in advance.... hope you can help :)

flarts
Hmmm. Just read this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4551

... and so tried the same thing with an image... same result (broken image displayed rather than no sound, obviously)... so I take that to mean something is wrong with web based uploads in general and it's already logged on GitHub.

digitalworkshed
I am also having the same problem kind of... Anybody out there can help?

Silver
I've been having problems running simultaneous sounds offline and was informed that wouldn't be a problem online. I'm yet to get around testing how it works online. It's a shame that there's issues with audio as I feel it adds a lot to IF when done right.

flarts
Silver wrote:It's a shame that there's issues with audio as I feel it adds a lot to IF when done right.

Absolutely! It's one (of many) reasons I chose to use Quest :)

I suspect the online bug will just be something to do with filenames or server paths and SHOULD be relatively easy to fix.
I will update GitHub to make sure audio is logged along side the images bug and I'm sure we'll all be smiling again soon.

Alex
This is fixed now so please try again!

flarts
Working here Sir... excellent work :)