Trouble with editing in ask/tell tab

miepmiep
I'm working my way through the tutorial and stumbled upon a problem.
I was working on letting Bob react to questions about his heart problem, but I made some mistakes.
However, the problem is basically that I can't delete anything I've entered after "ask about". I can't delete lines or change anything I've typed anymore. In all the other editing windows, I can check a line, and then decide either to move or delete it, or anything. This isn't working in this editing window for me.
Is this any known bug, or is it me? And is there a simple solution?

Silver
Why have you uploaded it as a zip file?

jaynabonne
You have a number of blocks that look like this:

<ask type="scriptdictionary">
<item key="bob">
if (GetBoolean(, "")) {
msg ("")
}
else {
msg ("")
}
</item>
</ask>

<ask type="scriptdictionary">
<item key="heart attack cardiac arrest death ">
msg ("")
if (GetBoolean(, "")) {
}
MoveObject (, )
</item>
<item key="heart attack cardiac arrest death">
if (GetBoolean(, "")) {
msg ("")
}
</item>
</ask>

I'm not sure how that happened, but they're not well-formed and probably confusing the editor. Is it possible in the online version to edit those (perhap in code view) to delete them?

jaynabonne
Silver wrote:Why have you uploaded it as a zip file?

When you download a game from the online editor, it comes down as a zip file.

miepmiep
I can delete some of it, by using the code view.
However, not the key itself. And any new script/print text I type next, is not saved.

If I'd delete it from the aslx file directly, it would probably work. However, I would't be able to upload it again. Since right now I'm working on a mac, I was working with the online editor.

Anyway, it was just a practice file, and I did got the ask/tell working in another 'game'. So, somehow I think by making a few mistakes I got the editor stuck :D.

Thanks for your help.

Silver
jaynabonne wrote:

"Silver"

Why have you uploaded it as a zip file?

When you download a game from the online editor, it comes down as a zip file.

ah ok.

TextStories
By the way... where is this Ask/Tell tab at? I could of sworn it was not that hard to locate in the older version of Quest and I even went to Features and see stuff for containers, if something is edible, etc., but did not see an option for it. I know you can do tell or say #text# or something like that, but where is the easier tab at?

Edit: Dumb de dumb dumb dumbbb... :oops: Found it under Features for the Game section itself, opposed to the object/person. Thanks... :lol:

OurJud
TextStories wrote:Edit: Dumb de dumb dumb dumbbb... :oops: Found it under Features for the Game section itself, opposed to the object/person. Thanks... :lol:

Thanks for returning to update this... even if the post is over a year old.

I was going mental trying to find the ask/tell tab, but thanks to the above I discovered I'd never checked the box for it in the game set-up.

HegemonKhan
this is one of the reasons that this link ( http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... notes.html ) is so useful, hehe :D