Something very frustrating about script errors

Lucky Shot
If a script you input into Quest's Code View has a syntax error, Quest will sometimes try to fix it for you.

Sometimes in its process of "fixing", it arbitrarily deletes portions of code. This is incredibly frustrating and generally requires me to keep a temporary backup of my current script in a text editor so I still have it when Quest up and drops half of it.

Not only that, but sometimes minor issues such as indentation cause Quest to toss extra block brackets everywhere and dramatically (and near-invisibly) compound the problem.

Is there an option to tell Quest not to attempt to fix invalid scripts?

jaynabonne
I've never had this problem before with Quest and scripts - besides removing some comments or changing the form of some XML, I've never had it correct script. But it might help to use an external editor instead of code view. That way, you'll have more control over your editing environment.

It can seem slow to use an external editor since Quest wants to reload all the time, which takes time. But the approach I use that works well is to have the game running in Quest, and then when I make a change to the source, I just hit "Ctrl-R" in Quest to restart the game, and it picks up the changes. Quitting out back to the Quest editor is what invites the slow full reload.

The Pixie
It has happened to me several times too. It seems to be when your curly braces do not match up, so it will try to sort it out itself, and get it wrong.

jaynabonne
I see. I must have been lucky! :)