Newbie and broken images

dmekersa
Hi there,

Quest looks fantastic. I'm currently learning the tool but I encounter issues with pictures.

I managed to display a picture one time, then it stop to work (I did not change the picture). I can just get a broken picture icon. I'm using the web version as I'm a mac user.

I tried to create a new game, using the script "picture" or using the picture frame feature, same issue... It displays a broken icon.

Did you change something on the server today?

Thanks for your help and sorry to post a topic for a so simple issue.

David

dmekersa
Another weird thing.
If I quit the web editor then go back to edit my game, the script "Show picture" is unchecked. There is definitely an issue somewhere here :)

icfspectre
I had this same issue, I downloaded Quest for windows and downloaded my game from my profile, opened it in quest and all the images show fine. It appears to be an online bug, I tried 3 different browsers, same issue. I'm now building everything offline through Quest app, it works flawlessly and is MILES faster than using the in browser GUI.

Silver
It's encouraging you to paint pictures with words rather than Jpegs.

Sorry, that isn't really an answer.

You can report bugs here:

https://github.com/textadventures/quest/issues/new

dmekersa
Silver wrote:It's encouraging you to paint pictures with words rather than Jpegs.

Sorry, that isn't really an answer.

You can report bugs here:

https://github.com/textadventures/quest/issues/new

Thanks for the reply. My game is based on real picture from monuments, so I'm looking for a tool able to display images.

abergsma
I have the same problem and have no idea how to fix it.

I understand the thought is to describe the rooms but I am making a game for my students and they are now in the room where they have to use the verb 'to have' in a correct manner. I thought of talking statues that went blind and are desperate to know what they look like or something like that. Anyway they have to answer with things like "you have got long hair" etc. If I describe the statues myself instead of putting in a photo it kind of beats the goal ;)

Have you figured it out yet?

jaynabonne
I did a simple test (added a picture to a room), and it definitely is broken in a way that a user can't fix. It gets an error (Javascript console) like this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (The specified blob does not exist.) 
http://textadventures.blob.core.windows.net/gameresources/85cfc0cc-d92e-46c0-a8c7-41a1f5037af3/DSC07951.JPG

jaynabonne
I have submitted a bug for this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

abergsma
Thanks! I'll keep working on the rest of the rooms and I'll try it again later :)

dmekersa
Great, thanks!

salmonofdoubt
I have this same issue. I'm using the web version and trying to put images in a text adventure in the text box with {img:X.png}. I also submitted a comment on the github bug report. Does anyone have an idea when this might be looked at?

The first two images I put in worked, and the rest do not (same size, file type, etc.).