Bug Issue

onimike
Hello I have a problem, when I play my game in edit mode there are very little bugs but I uploaded my game and half of my stuff doesn't work and is full of bugs. Can any one tell me why this is?

jaynabonne
Can you give an example of what doesn't work? That might shorten the discovery time.

Also, you're using a library called CoreCombat, which you didn't include. Is that publicly available or could you post it?

onimike
The core combat was not there for any reason and it cam from the library in the quest engine. The bugs are just sounds not working, can't pick up objects that I know you can (like the rock in the room you start in, I tried it online and would not work but works offline) scripts not running and not adding material when it should just a lot of bugs that seem to be hashed out in editing mode but when you launch it theirs just a lot of problems. Oh another one is the ponds I have it to show water when looked at but didn't work in the online mode but worked fine in editing mode. Not sure why or if I have to many functions and other things but I don't think so, but if I do then im sol on this game cause I had planed to make it pretty big with separate hunting grounds and different biomes this is just me trying to hash out my crafting system. I know your real good with this stuff Jay can you give me advice on how to put it together better not do it for me just some advice on things you see wrong in the scripting or a better approach to adding functions or what ever will be very appreciated. Back to the core combat I took it out like I said it played no role just never took it out.

jaynabonne
I looked bit more closely - you've fallen prey to the evil timers. They don't work very well (if at all) in the online player. That is the root of your problems.

onimike
Oh ok thank you I guess I'll have to change the timer to a (after a # of turns "Then"). Do you think that would fix a lot of it?