Problem Moving an Object Player to an Object Room

intellikat
The script "Move Object (Player) To Object (Room)" simply isn't working for me, and I can't figure out where the problem is no matter what I try or where I look.

I'd like to use to it to transport the player from one room to another not using typical exits. Sometimes this might be through a command, or just as something of a "new chapter" in the adventure. Regardless of the reason, I just can't get this simple script to work for me.

I've attached a screenshot only, because I'm hoping it's something simple I'm missing. The preceding message in the IF statement prints fine, but the object player just is not moved to the new room...
Untitled.png

intellikat
The quest file is attached below.

jaynabonne
The problem isn't the move object command. The problem is that you haven't established your character. You have a player called "obj_player", but you haven't specified that it is the default player. So Quest automatically creates a default player object when you start the game.

You have two options:

1) Rename your "obj_player" to simply be "player" so that Quest can find it (that is the default name), or
2) Set "obj_player" to be your default player. To do this:
i) Click on the "game" object
ii) Select the "Player" tab. You'll see here it talks about creating a default player for you if none is specified. (I think the text there is a bit strange, as it doesn't explicitly say "Set the default player" but rather talks about what object to read status attributes from, which confused me even though I knew what I was looking for.)
iii) Choose "obj_player" from the dropdown list.

That should do it. One thing that's a little disconcerting is that you have it where you don't see a room description when you enter a new room, so you'll have to explicitly type "l" to see where you are.