Some Questions from A Noob

happybuddyclub
Well obviously, I'm new to Quest, but I've been loving it so far. Due to the nature of the game I'm making though, (which, in hindsight, was a big take on for a noob) I have to work around things to improve overall aesthetics, which is what the game thrives off of. My questions are as follows...

How do you display a room's description? And/or, how do you display an exit without using the room description format or relying on the player typing it in?

How, if at all possible, do you fade in text?

Can you center things like, images, typewriter text, lists and deciphering text?

What's the ideal size for an image that'll be used as a background?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys! :D (Also, if it helps, I'm using the Windows download.)

EDIT: A few more questions have come up over another night of programming.
Can you enable and disable the command bar for certain rooms? and can you have two sounds playing at once?

jaynabonne
The answer to most of your questions hinges on the fact that Quest is, at heart, a browser-based game (even in the desktop version, with an embedded browser). This gives you the full capabilities of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You can modify the CSS settings of elements (for example) to show/hide them and set styles; you can output HTML directly with msg, formatted as you like; and you can use JavaScript to do things like fade text. The only one I don't know about is the multiple audio one. :)

We'll have to take each item one at a time. Let's see what we can come up with later (I have to head off to work soon), but for now, see if that helps at all.