Container/Room/Map bug

hkas
I'm using the web version, this is my first time using Quest.

I created a room (shop), and a cupboard inside a room, as a container, but then later decided to change it to a room, that's North of the shop. However this seems to have confused the map system. I attempted to move the Cupboard object to the top level but that does not seem to be an option, I can only move it into other objects.

So a) can I fix my game? Could I edit the xml, or load it into the Windows version, then upload a fixed copy back? Would that create a new game on the website? I don't see a way to edit my game, just upload a new one, I'd rather keep my comments, views, url etc, if possible.

b) is this a known bug?

hkas
hkas wrote:I'm using the web version, this is my first time using Quest.

I created a room (shop), and a cupboard inside a room, as a container, but then later decided to change it to a room, that's North of the shop. However this seems to have confused the map system. I attempted to move the Cupboard object to the top level but that does not seem to be an option, I can only move it into other objects.

So a) can I fix my game? Could I edit the xml, or load it into the Windows version, then upload a fixed copy back? Would that create a new game on the website? I don't see a way to edit my game, just upload a new one, I'd rather keep my comments, views, url etc, if possible.

b) is this a known bug?

I ended up deleting the room and recreating it, which fixed the map.

Then more things started to break, so I switched to the Windows version, noticed the GUID, uploaded it, it replaced the web version, so that's fine, although the option to edit the game on the web goes back to the last web version.