This program doesn't support UNICODE?

Dakkor
It's a good game design application indeed. But when I try to develop a Chinese game, while I try to play the game, the script doesn't work. Because the program does't support Unicode? and what can I do.

the reply of game looks like that.
You can go south.
Error running script: Error compiling expression '大门.firsttime = 0': SyntaxError: Unexpected character: 大Line: 1, Column: 1

jaynabonne
The expression parser doesn't seem to be able to deal with non-ASCII characters (or whatever code page it happens to be) in things like object and variable names. But as long as you don't mind not having *internal* names with Chinese characters, then the solution is simple: use working characters for all your object *names* but set the visible *alias* for the object to what you want. The player will see the alias instead of the name if you give it one.

For example, if your object name is "door" but the alias is "大门", then you'd use "door" while scripting, but the player will see "大门".

In my test, the characters show up fine when displayed, so Quest seems to have *general* support for them. (I assume, given that the game files are XML-based, it's something like UTF-8.) It's just the FLEE expression parser that appears to choke.

I hope that helps.