A question about publishing/exporting my gamebook

thickspit
I've just recently started using Quest, and I've made a little gamebook.
I was hoping to allow my friends to download the game and play it without using the website or installing Quest themselves, and had assumed that there would be a way for me to export my game as an exe or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I missing something, or can the game only be played on the site?

george
If you want to play offline, yes you need the desktop install. Are you just looking for a one-click way for your friends to play offline? Like you send/share the file and that's it?

thickspit
Yes, I was hoping to be able to just give my friends an exe that they could run and play the game.

george
I've never looked into it, but I bet it's possible to use another program to create an exe. Basically you would take your Quest install and your game file, and use this other program to create an exe that would automatically play the game with Quest when run. You might have to bundle all the Quest.exe and game files into a folder, and then have a separate game exe your friend would click on. Seems like there are a lot of programs to do it,

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows ... xe+program

thickspit
Thanks, I'll look into it.
I don't know much about developing software like Quest, but I think it would be a useful feature in the next version to be able to export your game as a simple exe. Anyways, thanks.