Ask/Tell in tutorial

rhodebump
Hi,

I am trying to follow the tutorial.

I am at http://quest5.net/wiki/More_things_to_do_with_objects, and I am not able to find the "Ask/Tell" tab, or how to enable it. I suspect that this is replaced by the "Verbs" tab. Can someone let me know about the "Ask/Tell" tab?

Thanks!

jaynabonne
Whew! Finally found it. You have to enable the Ask/Tell feature on the game object's Features tab. Then the Ask/Tell tab will show up for objects.

rhodebump
Thank again, I appreciate the extra effort!

missrithenay
I am having the same problem, and there is no ask/tell under features. I have use/give, container, switchable, edible, and player -- that's it. Any thoughts?

missrithenay
Oh, never mind. I figured out what you were saying ;)

Rhimwill
I'm having the same problem, and I still don't understand the solution. I can't see the Ask/Tell tab, and there is no checkbox for the ask/tell feature in any object's Features menu. My earlier game has the ask/tell tab visible for all the objects, but the game I started this morning doesn't.
Could you clarify the solution for me? I'm using the web version, if it makes any difference.

jaynabonne
You need to enable it in the "game" object to have it show up in the others.

- Click on the "game" object in the left pane.
- Click on the "Features" tab that shows up (second from the left, beside Setup)
- Check the second-from-the-bottom checkbox for "Ask/Tell"

Then you can use the feature in your objects.

Rhimwill
Yay, it worked! Thank you so much :D

jaynabonne
Glad it worked. I must not have been clear in my original response. People seem to be having trouble working out what I was saying! :)