Upload game to my own website?

WarriorDan
Hi, I'm a new user here, and I've been spending a bit of time going through the documentation, and trying out Quest myself, and I had a question: How can I upload my Quest-made game to my own website?

Quest's main page states that you can do so, and even sell your games without fees, I guess.
So how do I go about just uploading my game to my WordPress-run site?

I apologize if this question sounds simple. I was unable to find any such information on the Quest website.

george
hey welcome to the forum. I think the short answer is no, you can't just upload it to your WP site.

The long answer is there are at least a few ways you could handle this. You probably could embed an iframe in your WP site and link to your game on the textadventures site. Maybe if you wanted the game behind a paywall you could even make the game private and block access to the iframe until someone paid for an activation token. But of course once you start going down that road you enter the land of DRM and it gets hairy.

Alternatively, you could convert the entire Quest game to Javascript (there's an open source program available that does this, but it's kind of a work in progress). And then upload that and link it from your WP site, so you're basically self-hosting without textadventures.co.uk at all.

There are other routes you can take if you want a mobile game, desktop, etcetera, and whether you want a free game or paid.

Tell us more what you want to do and maybe some better solutions will come up.

Gerg
george wrote:hey welcome to the forum. I think the short answer is no, you can't just upload it to your WP site.

The long answer is there are at least a few ways you could handle this. You probably could embed an iframe in your WP site and link to your game on the textadventures site. Maybe if you wanted the game behind a paywall you could even make the game private and block access to the iframe until someone paid for an activation token. But of course once you start going down that road you enter the land of DRM and it gets hairy.

Alternatively, you could convert the entire Quest game to Javascript (there's an open source program available that does this, but it's kind of a work in progress). And then upload that and link it from your WP site, so you're basically self-hosting without textadventures.co.uk at all.

There are other routes you can take if you want a mobile game, desktop, etcetera, and whether you want a free game or paid.

Tell us more what you want to do and maybe some better solutions will come up.

I need to do this too. How do you make it an application that I can upload to steam?