customized hyperlinks colours

m4u
Hi guys again,

I customized some hyperlinks colours but I can't see it on the web when I publish it. I have open the project several times, so I don't think it's a refresh problem...

Ammm.. help?

m4u
Anyone knows how to fix this?

jaynabonne
Can you give an example of how you customized the hyperlink colors?

m4u
Yes, I go to the object, in the tab object, hyperlink options and change the color...

By the way, in internet explorer the hyperlinks appears underlined, even if i don't select the underline option in the game tab. It doesn't happen in the other browsers...

m4u
Any idea how to solve it?

jaynabonne
I haven't had time to go work up a sample that has the effect. If you could post some small file that shows the problem, it would help the answer come faster. :)

m4u
Here is the sample attached.

I uploaded here for testing:

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... azwpa/test

M4u

jaynabonne
Thanks for that!

Unfortunately, it seems to be something buried deep down in the player. There is a function called "GetUIOptions" which is used to query things like whether to use the game font, link color, etc. I can only guess that it's returning different values in the web player (both IE and Chrome ignore the link attributes for me, using internal defaults instead).

Looking at the code I had pulled down for Quest, I get the idea that Alex is working on a way to be able to customize whether you use certain attributes, like these color and link styles. Perhaps something has been rolled out in the web player but the defaults aren't set properly (and we have no way to change them).

If you don't need individual link colors, you can set the global game link color, and that should work. If you do need individual link colors, etc, then you could probably make local copies of the relevant core functions and remove the calls to GetUIOptions so that you always get the colors and effects you want.

m4u
"then you could probably make local copies of the relevant core functions and remove the calls to GetUIOptions so that you always get the colors and effects you want"

That's seems complicated. Can you give me an example? :)

jaynabonne
Add the attached library to your project. It has some overrides for the relevant functions. All you need to do is add the library. See how it works.

m4u
It works like a charm! I owe you one. The game is now updated with colors.

Thank you,

M4u