Modify Command Bar

Diorm
Is there any way I can change the big command bar for something that look like the MS-DOS old command bar with only text like that >

ex:
>Open Door

Storyteller
Diorm wrote:Is there any way I can change the big command bar for something that look like the MS-DOS old command bar with only text like that >

ex:
>Open Door

Are you looking for a way to remove the inventory, the compass, and the objects tab all together?

guzmere
Hi Diorm there is a thread in here somewhere about doing exactly what you want I've done it myself thanks to others.
Basically what I've done is to create a command called CSS and add an attribute called custom in the attribute tag and then place this in there

<script>document.getElementById('txtCommandDiv').innerHTML = ' <b>> </b><input type="text" x-webkit-speech="" id="txtCommand" onkeydown="return commandKey(event);" style="width: 50%; height: 14pt; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: light; outline: none; background: transparent; border: none;" autofocus><a id="endWaitLink" onclick="endWait();" class="cmdlink" style="display: none"> press a key</a>';</script>
<style type = "text/css">
a.cmdlink {
color: brown;
}
</style>

In the script on the game tag insert these into the code view
<start type="script"><![CDATA[
request (Hide, "Location")
JS.eval ("$('#gameBorder').click(function() { if ($('#txtCommand').css('display') != 'none') { $('#txtCommand').focus(); }});")
msg ("{CSS.custom}<br/>{HDR.custom}")
]]></start>

try these if you get into a stupor over this I will send you my beginning of the game for you to pick out the pieces.
:D Happy Adventuring :D Terry
P.S. These are from the wonderful people on the forums and not mine.

Diorm
Error: Error adding script attribute 'start' to element 'game': Invalid variable name ' :(

I've been doing exactly what you said but I wasnt sure where to put the first script so I copy past it in the code view of the Custom attribute. Was I wrong? (first time using this program but I'm used to script because of rpgmaker XP and HTML)

guzmere
I placed the first one (CSS) in the commands section on the left of the tree do you want me to send my game to you on pm and then you can pick it apart that way Terry :D Happy Adventuring :D

Oh blow it try this.

guzmere
Also don't put in {HDR.custom} sorry should not have been there. :oops:

Diorm
Thanks I understand the error now by comparing with your game. The script that you past:

<start type="script"><![CDATA[
JS.eval ("$('#gameBorder').click(function() { if ($('#txtCommand').css('display') != 'none') { $('#txtCommand').focus(); }});")
msg ("{CSS.custom}<br/>{HDR.custom}")
]]></start>

Should have been:

msg ("{CSS.custom}")

Now it's working perfectly thank you very much!

guzmere
your welcome, sorry about the mix up. Terry. :D Happy Adventuring :D