blind/screen reader users?

rosey
I would like to know, are there any other screen reader users of Quest who are knowledgeable and who could maybe help with questions that pertain to screen reader use of program? Thanks for any help anyone can give. I find the later versions almost impossible to use so reason for asking.

sgreig
I don't have a lot of experience with screen readers myself, but I have some friends who do so I could probably ask them to test stuff out. What sort of problems are you having and what screen reader are you using? I would normally assume it would be JAWS but I could be wrong.

george
Reviving this thread since over on reddit someone posted this,

he says that after the newest version of quest, it is unplayable using a screen reader, And when he finds new games for quest it only supports the newest version of course.
Quest was by far his favorite tool for playing text adventure and text RPG's

http://www.reddit.com/r/interactivefict ... er/cjg15dz

Is anyone here playing Quest games with a screen reader? What's your experience like?

Orinks
Quest seems okay with screen readers, at least the web version. I can test the latest Quest on Windows using both NVDA and Jaws. I'm trying to use the web version to create stuff though, but considering what I want to do involves stats I probably won't be able to.