Displaying Images in Gamebook games

Majyyk
Hi, I am trying to make a fairly simple choose-your-own-adventure game in Gamebook mode, and I was wondering if it was possible to display more than 1 image on each page? Using HTML has only given me errors.

Also, is it possible to have background music in gamebook games?

(I realize that if I made the game a text adventure, there is a way to disable command inputs altogether which would probably give me more flexibility, but I'm a total noob and I have no idea how to do that, if that is my only option. However, for simplicity's sake I'd prefer to stick with gamebook mode, if possible.)

Alex
I like the idea of background music for gamebook games - I've added this to the list: http://quest.codeplex.com/workitem/1116

You can only display one picture, but you could always use some photo editing software to put the two images side by side in one image file, then upload that.

Majyyk
Thanks for the reply!

As an example of what I had in mind, I wanted to be able to place images at somewhere other than the beginning of the line, for narrative purposes. Here's an excerpt from my story, for example:

> Take a picture of your breakfast
You zoom in on your coffee mug resting on the counter and snap a picture, feeling like a total hipster.

[image: very pretty photo of a coffee cup]

You don't know whether to be happy or ashamed: happy that you took a very nice picture, or ashamed that you are the kind of guy who photographs his food and then probably blogs about it.

It's not that important, but it would be good for pacing. I don't see a way to do it without using HTML, though, so I'll just work around it.

Alex
Ah I see. To make that work we would probably need a place to upload multiple images, then a way to link to them within a block of text. This would be good for both gamebook and text adventure modes. I'll add it to the list for Quest 5.4.