Checking various locations

guzmere
Hi I have recently downloaded Quest to create a new game, I must say I am impressed with it overall. It has sparked memories of G A C which was around at the time of the commodore 64. It's got the old brainbox ticking again. Well done Alex for sticking with this genre. I thought it was a thing of the past until I accidentally came across it. Please could you tell me how I can run an individual location. Example ( if I want to run the fifth location to check for any anomalies have I really got to start from the first location and go through the various levels to get there. Once again Keep up the good work.

Pertex
You want to jump to a specific loaction? This can be done with

player.parent=name_of_location

guzmere
Hi many thanks for the reply but I am totally new to this type of programming. I honestly do not know where to place the syntax at the moment, no pun intended. The only way I have managed to get round this problem is to physically place the player in each room that I have to check out and run it from there. I know that it is probably the long way round and once again many thanks. I hope I can get into this type of programming as I will hopefully create a sort of semi decent adventure. Cheers :D